Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Marzano Nonlinguistic Representations

How have you used-or would you use-nonlinguistic representations in your instruction?

I could do a graphic organizer for specific units that I am going to cover. The kids would be combining the linguistic mode by using words and phrases, and the nonlinguistic mode using symbols and arrows to represent relationships. I can also engage my students in the creation of lonlinguistic representations to increase activity in the brain. One of these ways is engaging in kinesthetic activity which is what physical education is all about. I think also generating mental pictures of the games and activities would be easy to incorporate. I could have students mentally think about what the game or rules are in their heads and then tell a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment